PeanutButterPigs Guinea Pig Village is an aspiring guinea pig rescue! Currently we have been taking in guinea pigs that have been dumped or rejected from local shelters being too full and attempting to find them loving forever homes! Please follow our journey as we try to become an official rescue and save so many more guinea pigs!

Saturday, November 5, 2022

A small start

Over 6 years ago I walked into an exotic pet store; little did I know I would meet a sweet little girl that would change my life for the better.

A baby guinea pig had caught my eye, she ran around her habitat surrounded by her siblings, making the happiest little sound. As soon as I picked her up and held her in my palm I knew I had to take her home, So with no experience and knowing next to nothing about guinea pigs I took her home with me.

I was extremely unprepared... but nonetheless, I adored her. I made many mistakes, tested lots of different products, food brands, and tried to learn my guinea pigs' preferences. After some time this herd of one turned into two, and then 3.

biscuit was my very first guinea pig and the one who sparked my love and passion for their care. She lived a happy 5 years and passed of a heart condition April 22 2022.

Now I have 7 happy guinea pigs in my care and I have plans to open a guinea pig rescue to help as many small potatoes as I can. It will mean the world if you will watch over my journey and help support it!

No comments:

Post a Comment